Thoughts on Obama’s Re-election from a Guy Who Voted for Romney
November 7, 2012 1 Comment
Here is what I hope Obama is able to do in the next four years:
- Protect the rights of the unborn
- Decrease the deficit
- Balance the budget – I can dream, can’t I? Before you can balance the budget, you have to have a budget. We haven’t had a budget in what, 3 years?
- Have strong foreign policy that is in tune with what is happening in the Middle East including Syria, Egypt, Iran and Israel
- Cross the aisle and stop using words like revenge to talk about Republicans. He needs to stop building walls and start tearing them down. If we are really all in this together, act like it.
- Reduce unemployment – we are still hovering around 8%. That means there are a lot of hurting people out there and more who have just given up looking for work.
- Utilize our own natural resources and decrease dependence on foreign energy
- Undo Obamacare (again…dreaming here). Healthcare is not going to be free…these costs to small businesses are going to get taken right back out of people’s paychecks. People will feel this pinch and employers are going to lay people off.
- Get some traction on our immigration issues (campaign promises back to 2008 that have still gone unaddressed)
- Do a complete audit of the federal government and cut the waste.
- Protect social security and medicare. The benefits that have been promised must be delivered. If we can’t deliver, stop collecting those taxes off the payroll. At least be honest about how that money is actually spent and borrowed to be used on other things and never paid back.
- Stop being more interested in being a Democrat/Republican and start being an American. That means put politics aside and speak the truth, even when it hurts your party.
And I am done…no more on this from me here on the blog.